This episode we’re going to talk about ember lit stoves, distance rifles, sticky holsters, bolt action 50BMG AR uppers, Noveske, CZ’s and Kel-Tec.
Episode 10: Ankle Carry Hi-Points
Our panel tonight
- Savage1r is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, recipient of the 2013 slap of the year and media contact for WLS.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and semi-pro pie eating champion.
- Guest – Hank Strange on the YouTubes – “GUNS GIRLS & GEAR”
Introduce drinking game – LIST of WORDS TO NEVER SAY – drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic..
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Dactylonomy
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Nick – poop
- Hank – government shutdown
Welcome and thanks for joining us tonight.
Doing it better!
What have you done lately to become a better shooter?
- Shawn: Par time draw practice.
- Nick: Shooting at paper.
- Aaron: Stress test and sleep deprivation
- Hank: got my eyes checked! been practicing trigger reset.
- Lil: Practicing wind calls and ranging with my favorite simulator, Shooter Ready: http://www.shooterready.com/lrs.html
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Lil – Ember Lit stove.
- Jeremy: Looking for a distance rifle for a competition in January
- Shawn: Sticky Holsters
- Aaron: (want) Bolt action AR Upper
- Nick: Noveske KX3
- Hank: so what do you guys like, handguns or rifles? [CZ 52 7.62×25mm Tokarev] or [Kel-Tec SU-16c in 223]
- Lil: The California Governor finally dealt with all the bills passed by the legislature during the session. I am going to discuss what passed and what the Governor Vetoed (Thank goodness!).
Now it’s time for our Montana update: Everything is fine.
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick one or two.
This week: Seinfeld
- Jerry – Nick – AR pistol with beta mag and loudener
- George- Jeremy- Cobra FS32- Cheap weak and believed the guy at the gun shop
- Elaine- .25acp (oh shit, who went there? -Shawn) I am going to say NOT Savage. Elaine is kind of a whiner. It might be all she can handle. I do still want to know who felt tough enough to put it out there though. Ha ha! ~Lil.
- Kramer – Shawn – Smith&Wesson Model 29 in .44 magnum. Dirty Harry style. Can you imagine him pulling that out of his waistband, mexican carry, fumbling it, accidental discharge, nice knowing you Newman.
- Newman – Lil – Hi-Point 9mm Carbine with maximum tacticool accessories installed. (Scopes, red dots, tactical lights, bayonet, a camera, a fan, swiss army knife, the kitchen sink.) Example of accessories.
- Frank Costanza – Hank – (Austin Powers fembots booby machine guns, Yea I know its not real, however this would be an upgrade for the manziere)
- David Puddy – Aaron – Hi-Point 45ACP. He is a mechanic
- Mickey Abbott
- J. Peterman – Aaron – Blaser R8 in 500 Jeffery uses while hunting in Berma
Gun related website of the week
- Aaron – http://trails-end.com?scout=07bfec4dd9dcd15
- Lil – http://www.gungoddess.com
- I can do this Aaron – www.primaryarms.com
- Hank Strange- http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com
- Shawn – http://www.brianenos.com/forums
User feedback and user questions
Based on Zac’s purchase of a 80% lower, I had a question, how important is it for the upper and lower receiver of an AR, to match? I mean, if you are getting mil spec parts, shouldn’t they match up already? I have heard some people say you can put any different upper on any lower and it will work. Still others say you want them to match because it will make for the most accurate rifle. Does this even make sense? AR-15’s are like Lego’s for grown-ups. Everyone is mixing and matching different parts of the gun. How can it make that big of a difference?
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
Email us questions, comments, or anything else at email@example.com,
leave us feedback on iTunes,
comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share share share. On facebook, twitter, google plus, your friends, your family, even make your optometrist listen. If an optometrist can’t see how awesome we are then I don’t even know what the hell this country is coming to.
Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: Been a busy week, haven’t had much chance to listen, but I did finish a Fat2FitHQ episode.
- Lil: Competitive Rifle Podcast – It was interesting to hear how Chad and Micah each reload their precision ammo, compared to how we reload our long range loads.
- Aaron Talk about FRN tough mudder Nashville
Thanks for listening, don’t be a mall ninja and shoot straight.
*Massad Ayoob says:
The [Mexican Carry] term is not perjorative. It arose long ago among gun people. In homage to proud Mexican men of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Beset by trants who stripped them of liberties, including the right to carry guns if they were not part of the political elite, these defiant citizens…. needed to be able to ditch the gun to be retrieved later if they were about to have contact with Federales, and since a holster could not be so quickly ditched and would be prima facie evidence of resistance to tyrants’ law, the holster was dispensed with.