This episode we’re going to talk about Rock Island Armory Revolvers, Leupold optics, Juggernaut Tactical, Kriss Vector, Bubba’d AR charging handles and Galco holsters
*Please note, due to google screwing us over, only half the show recorded. Please accept our apologies, we will have backup recording going forward.
Our panel tonight
- Savage1r – Savage is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, lives at hogwarts, and media contact for WLS.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels and his nights reviewing products.
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces and full time nursing student
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and I just saved a lot of money by switching my car insurance to Carls Jr.
- Guest – Darrell from TacticalExistence Darrell is an instructor, armorer, youtube reviewer, and gun blogger at tacticalexistence.com
Introduce drinking game – LIST of WORDS TO NEVER SAY – drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic..
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Masticating
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point. ←—– This is how I die…..
- Nick – poop
- Darrell – Awesome, look, or “so check this out”
Doing it better!
What have you done lately to become a better shooter?
- Shawn: USPSA Match
- Aaron: Shot at quarters
- Lil: Went to rifle range with my Remington 5R (.223) with the AICS Chassis. I did a comparison test between Federal and Winchester Match Grade Ammo. See results here: http://heelsandhandguns.com/2013/10/federal-gold-medal-match-vs-winchester-match-223-ammo/ Plus just had a great time talking to the Range Officers – they were so entertaining! My range east of San Diego, CA is awesome: http://www.sbrgc.org
- Darrell: I did some shooting with a few members of a local ERU team, and I also hit the range with my M&P shield to finish up my review, also put the Desert Tactical 50 BMG to task at the range with Brian from Homeland guns. This didn’t happen we got rained out.
- Savage1r: Finally got a day to myself to go shooting
- Nick: Shooting and dry fire practice
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Rock Island Armory M200 revolver
- Aaron: Anderson Rifle
- Lil: Leupold Mk6 3-18×44 Scope: We tested the tracking (elev and windage). My scope is 4.5 tenths off at 15mil and 2.2 tenths off at 10 mil.
- Germy: Juggernaut Tactical Rogue Chassis system.
- Darrell: Kriss Vector SDP 45acp to be SBR’ed
- Savage1r: AR charging handle with extended release
- Nick: Galco Summer Comfort
This segment is for us to chat about local and sometimes national gun control. Panelist Vent away.
- Troy Ind New Hires -Nick (This is old news, but these guys still work for troy, and I think people should be reminded of that.
- Savage1r – Fraudulent signature collectors for i-594: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lui1ndWXKXQ
Now it’s time for our Montana update. – Everything’s fine. ~Nick
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick one or two.
This week: 80’s TV shows – NO GIRLS!
- Thomas Magnum (Magnum PI) Lil – He did carry a gun, Colt 1911 MK IV Series 70 (barreled in 9mm). It is currently displayed in the NRA Museum. (So I am sitting here trying to figure out why it was a 9mm, I mean it is a TV show, pretty simple stuff to fake, or pretty significant thing to change from a 45- to a 9, and now I know the reason, In the show, Thomas Magnum uses a Colt Government Model .45 ACP (Series 70) handgun, Colt’s commercial version of the standard military-issue M1911A1. However, during scenes that required Magnum’s gun to be fired, a Colt Government Model 9mm Parabellum (loaded with blanks) was used. At that time, .45’s could not reliably cycle blanks. The Parabellum is nearly indistinguishable from the Colt .45 onscreen. Magnum’s Colt Government Model .45 ACP (Series 70) is on display at the National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, Virginia -Aaron)
- Michael Knight (night rider) Jeremy: H&K USP .45 Tactical (Germans love the Hoff)
- MacGyver (MacGyver) Darrell: ar 15 made from a 80% lower chiseled out of wood with a soup can.
- Scientist Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap): Savage1r – Beretta Neos .22
- Corky (Life Goes On) Aaron – Zip Gun 22LR because It is a gun with special needs.
- Mike Seaver (Growing Pains) – Shawn – Gold Desert Eagle in .44 magnum with ivory grips and solid gold inlaid crosses.
- Alex P. Keaton (Family Ties) – Zak – Sig P229 Elite
- Jonathan Smith (Highway to Heaven) – Nick – HiPoint (because fuck Jeremy)
- Alf (alf) – Shawn – Mac 10 select fire submachine gun with a flash suppressor and collapsible stock
- Doogie Howser (Doogie Howser, M.D) Darrell: Glock 19 because he’s too smart not to.
Gun related website of the week
- Shawn: http://www.youtube.com/user/cyrusjj/ Dynamic Pie Concepts Check out the come at me bro drill
- Aaron: http://www.youtube.com/user/theslowmoguys
- Darrell: www.tacticalexistence.com
- Lil: A Girl and a Gun Club
- Nick: Google.com – seriously
- Jeremy www.lmgtfy.com
User feedback and user questions
My wife and I enjoy watching some tv shows together and it frustrates me when there is always a left (hippie) spin on the show. I was curious if you new of any shows that seem to align with a more right leaning perspective. The one show I can think of is “Last Man Standing” with Tim Allen.
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
We got some iTunes reviews and wanted to thank.
- MR. STARG8
- Hank Strange
- 4 star review – AngryDev
- Please try not talking over each other. There are too many of you trying to say something at the same time. But other than that, a very enjoyable and info filled podcast. Thanks.
We appreciate the feedback and Aaron has volunteered to give our listeners backrubs..
Email us questions, comments, or anything else at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share share share. On facebook, twitter, google plus, your friends, your family, even make your plumber listen. They know what’s up.
Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: Catching up on Gun girl radio
- Aaron: Fat to Fit/ Tough Mudder/Slap
- Lil: The Next Generation Series (Episode 001) on FRN’s Firearms Insider
Thanks for listening, don’t be a mall ninja and shoot straight.