Episode 12: Halloweenies
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show. Welcome to our Halloween episode! <Scary noises> This episode we’re going to talk about Smoke ‘em zombie targets, the zombie survival guide, laserlyte zombie pistol bayonet and the savage model 10. Join us… if you dare.
Our panel tonight
- Savage1r – Savage is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, found in a cabbage patch, and media contact for WLS. ( I always see you as more of a garbage pail kid)
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and a semi pro Jake Challand impersonator.
Introduce drinking game – LIST of WORDS TO NEVER SAY – drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic..
- Aaron – Piece, clip or doppelganger
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Nick – poop
Doing it better!
What have you done lately to become a better shooter?
- Shawn: PPIH Instructor certification, load development re: powder availability and the problems it can cause.
- Aaron: Whittling
- Savage1r: going over video, analyzing bad habits, ways to improve stance and grip.
- Heremy: sighted in a Savage .17 HMR, and tried like hell to sight in a 91/30
- Lil: Writing my scope testing article and catching up on gear reviews.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Smoke ‘Em Targets
- Aaron: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks
- Lil: LaserLyte Zombie Pistol Bayonet
- Heremy: Savage Model 10 FCP .300 WinMag
- Savage1r: Low profile gas block and gas tube from parts bin
This segment is for us to chat about local and sometimes national gun control. Panelist Vent away.
- mass stabbing
- downrange “training”
- Lil: “Why Guns Will Soon Top Cars on List of Killers”
- Boston Children’s hospital bad statistics
Now it’s time for our Montana update: Everything is fine
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
This week: In honor of scary shows and mysteries: Scooby Doo
- Scooby-Doo – Jeremy- AK47 with a marijuana leaf print
- Shaggy Rogers – Aaron – Salad Shooter
- Frederick “Fred” Jones, Jr. – Aaron – Net-Shooting Gun Model AA84119 by Argo-A security
- Daphne Blake – Lil – Ruger LCP .380 (in Raspberry) AND a Flashbang Bra Holster
- Velma Dinkley – Shawn – Remington 700 SPS tactical with a TrackingPoint auto aiming optic.
- Scrappy-Doo – Savage1r – Skorpion vz. 61 .32 acp
- Scooby-Dum – Savage1r – hipoint
Gun related website of the week
- Shawn: Kirsten Joy Weiss
- Lil: http://www.keepingthepiece.com and YouTube: KeepingPiece2010
- Jeremy: Optics Planet has angered me.
User feedback and user questions
First Name: Len
Last Name: E
What is the best way to carry a M1911A1 if you’re left handed? Cocked and locked would be prefered but the safety is exposed to being pushed to the off position. I don’t have an ambi safety and even then the safety (for right handers is exposed). I carry mine at half-cock and unlocked. I figure it’s only one-half cock to place it in action. Many say this is the least preferred. what is the best way for a leftie to carry?
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
We got some iTunes reviews and wanted to thank. 5 star reviews? Are they listening to the right show?
- Jake RC
We appreciate the feedback and Aaron has volunteered to give our listeners backrubs..
- Email us questions, comments, or anything else at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Just real quick – we are auctioning off a piece of Colorado history. As you know we recalled two antigun, anti constituent senators and we have a recall Morse yard sign signed by the people that started the recall petitions, the main sheriff in the battle, the new senator and more. Bid on it at welikeshooting.com/auction.
If you like our show, please share share share. On facebook, twitter, google plus, your friends, your family, even make your plumber listen. They know what’s up.
Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: More catching up on Gun girl radio
- Aaron: Fat to Fit/ Tough Mudder/Slap
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast with Kirk and Dan
Thanks for listening, don’t be a mall ninja and shoot straight.