Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 27, this week we’ll talk about Olympic shooting, StealthGear USA, Odin Works, Blackhawk Diversion carry sling pack, Short Action Customs, Kel-Tec and hunting with a MSR.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Author of the book 21 ways to beatbox your way to a better job
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com and her profile can be found on J date. DIB: Took my daughter to the range to go take the WLS Shootout Challenge! Beside that, we just had fun and then went and got ice cream. (Take your daughters on a range date too!)
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing and Media contact for WLS. When naked looks like McDonalds Grimace. DIB: Range Day shooting for groups
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, competition winner, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Has grown a beard to hide his unnatural lack of body hair on the rest of his body
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels writes Charles Darwin fan fiction. DIB: practical shooting at indoor range
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. Recently lent my fur coat to Joe Namath who return it smelling like vomit and 7-11 Nachos
Guest bio: Darrell is a Instructor, Armorer, YouTuber, and Blogger for TacticalExistence.com once ate 114 live sardeens. DIB: Tested the Glock G42, Kriss Vector SDP and the G2 Research RIP ammo.
Guest bio: National competitor in both air rifle and smallbore, NCAA competitor,, Olympian, Can bench press, more than Savage – Sarah Scherer
- What do you compete in?
- Can you give us a brief rundown of how your competitons run and how you’re scored?
- Shooting runs in the family? Brother is an olympian in 2008
- What’s your favorite part of shooting?
- Do you shoot any other guns? Favorite?
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate all of you
- Nick – poop dollar
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Guest: Yeah Right, Really, Nice.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: StealthGear USA Onyx IWB Holster
- breathable material, keeps you and your gun dry
- so comfortable
- runs about 99 bucks
- Aaron: Odin Works Kmod Forend
- Savage1r: Blackhawk Diversion Carry Sling Pack
- Jeremy: Muzzle brake on Savage from Short Action Customs
- Lil: My friends on the Hunting with a MSR FB forum and Aaron and his build have inspired me. It is time, I am building a modern sporting rifle of my own. I have bought a Saturn 6.5 Grendel II barrel and a bolt! (I also got something else – but you are going to have to wait for CAs 10 day waiting period to see that!)
- Nick: 1911 project
- Guest: Ordered a Kel-Tec PMR30 and Remington R-51
- Sarah: Tell us about your equipment. is your gun comparable to the guns used in the biathlon.
What you might have missed this week on We Like Shooting.
This week we posted articles on:
- An interview with APEX Gun Parts
- Review and installation of Wolff Gunsprings for the M1A/M14
We also posted videos on youtube covering:
- Initial impressions of the Extar EXP 5.56 AR Pistol
- Liberty Ammunition first shots
- Tons of content to do with the shooting challenge.
This segment is for us to talk about things and stuff going in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Savage1r: http://www.brownpoliticalreview.org/2014/02/brown-student-takes-down-national-rifle-association/ – Need to take the high road ALWAYS
- Savage1r: http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20140206-proposed-10-percent-gun-ammo-tax-pitched-to-fund-ri-anti-violence-efforts.ece pay a tax to get your rights taken away
- Aaron: http://www.caintv.com/anti-2nd-amendment-activist-ca oops?
- Guest: Darrell: Starbucks kicks vet out with service dog “You’re not blind”http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/02/09/‘you’re-not-blind’-starbucks-employee-confronts-amputee-vet-yancy-baer-over-service-dog
News or anything else going on
- Aaron: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/370733/manufacturers-change-look-ar-15-rifle-now-legal-new-york-state-charles-c-w-cooke New looking AR is legal in NY
- Aaron: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/14/Wyo-lawmaker-proposes-firing-squads-for-execution
We don’t want to hear you talk, lets see what you’ve got. It’s pretty simple; Download the official target at WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, shoot 5 shots from 7 yards, best group wins.
You may think you have what it takes, but lets see you put your balls where your mouth is… Wait, what? We want to see you film it, take pictures, whatever and submit it to WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, we’ll post it on our site and social media and the best group wins bragging rights.
Pistols and Centerfire cartridges only.
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Cheers!
- Sam Malone – Shawn – Owns a bar, bartender. Would have a Mossberg 500 pump action shotgun behind the counter.
- Carla Tortelli – Aaron – Hi-point 380 ACP, she is a small dirty person who I am sure smells of dank city streets, old wet newspapers and garlic.
- Cliff Clavin – Nick – Browning Hi Power (he’s the smartest person on the show)
- Norm Peterson Darrell 1911 given to him by his grandfather Hillary for which he is named.
- Dr. Frasier Crane – savage1r – gold, custom engraved, pearl handled luger 9mm because he was a highfelutin kind of guy with obscure tastes.
- Woody Boyd – Savage1r – Benelli M4 Super 90. Good under the bar gun
- Diane Chambers Jeremy: I have no idea about midget porn, ask savage or darrell
- Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane – Lil – Most expensive Colt Revolver
Gun related link of the week
- Shawn: http://www.revolvr.com/
- Lil: http://nrawomen.tv/home/list/partners
- Aaron: http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/
- Buradori.j – Informative and entertaining to say the least!
- MFZuber3 – A combination of Gun Talk, The Brady Bunch and Blazing Saddles!
- Steven S. – I love this show. I love the way it makes me laugh out loud when I’m walking through the mall wearing earphones and everyone around me give me an extra foot of space.I love Lil Chantilly. She is sweeter than a litter of golden retriever puppies. She should be given an award for the way she deals with you goons with the poise and grace of a diplomat. I actually contemplated divorce after hearing her utter the words, “Say my name!” on episode 20. I kept playing the clip over and over again wondering, “How do you stalk a woman that can deliver a 105 grain restraining order from 1,000 yards?” I guess I will have to stick to her podcast. Finally, I hate you all because this morning I woke up and the first word that popped into my head was, “HiPoint!” It was like getting bitch slapped by a plastic boat anchor. You can ask Aaron how that feels. Keep up the good work! Lil, will you marry me?
New giveaway! Leave us an iTunes review or email us and tell us why iTunes sucks. Either way. We’ll decide which one amuses us most every week and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
Practically Tactical giveaway – bit.ly/andrewsleather
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website.
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: Tactical Paradise
- savage1r: handgun radio with the MICHAD!
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast
If you could describe the show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
GUEST: Shawn has elephant ears, and this is a great bunch of people awesome show.
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.