Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Savage was touched by an angel, a hells angel. DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. If you want to impress lil, you need to like water sports… wink wink because she is in the navy DOING IT BETTER:
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting, he is a professional dominos player DOING IT BETTER Shot the challenge with Hank, and played with a lot of his guns
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. wants the girls and his cousins to know his cold sores have cleared up DOING IT BETTER CCW Class this weekend
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker and writer of hard tongue twisters: once had a poop that looked like elvis (the fat elvis) DOING IT BETTER
- Zak – Zak is h Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. I’m known by my friends as the vanilla gorilla DOING IT BETTER: Virtual training, Shooting with friends that aren’t in to guns.
Our guest tonight is a former architect, but now owner and lead designer for Manticore Arms. He Also hosts the Bullpup Shoot, a yearly shooting event featuring all the major companies in the bullpup rifle industry, he believes that reindeer are better than people, welcome Sven! Doing it better: Was at NRA 2014 show this weekend.
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate porpoises!
- Nick – Brown bear coming out of its cave
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Sven – bullpup, technology, muzzle device
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Recover Tactical CC3 Grip and Rail System ($50)
- savage1r: IWB Glock 17 Holster from Ian/Overwatch Holsters
- Lil: Badger Mini FTE Muzzle Break (Clamp style)
- Sven: Yugo M85 and M92 PAP (with of course our Renegade forearm and NightBrake on it)
- Jeremy: Triple K Crossdraw holster
- Aaron: Want a new pistol HK2000
What you might have missed on We Like Shooting.
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
It’s time for…
Going ballistic (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
- Guest: ATF classifying muzzle devices as silencers without actually testing them: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/robert-farago/atf-jumped-gun-silencer-designation/
- Guest: SIG sues ATF for classifying muzzle brake as silencer: http://www.guns.com/2014/04/15/sig-sues-atf/
- Guest: ATF put in budget request for new silencer sound testing equipment, stating their current equipment “has reached end of life” http://soldiersystems.net/2014/04/17/things-getting-real-batfes-firearms-technology-branch/
- Savage1r – 25 MDA’s at NRA show: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/27/Anti-Gun-Rally-Outside-NRA-Convention-Draws-Twenty-Five-People
- Savage1r – Shannon Watts has armed security: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/breaking-moms-demand-action-comm-director-acknowledges-moms-execs-have-armed-security/
- Savage1r – justifaction? because, lol: http://imgur.com/VcgARjT
- Savage1r – Then when Shannon watts gets confronted by a reporter, she runs away: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/breaking-video-shannon-watts-hired-personal-security-alledgedly-shoving-pro-gun-questioner/
A-arons Odds news of the week
A hispanic man went into a convenience store demanding money and flashing a potato pretending it was a gun. The store owner chased him off with a bat, and he was later spotted in a laundromat where he was able to get 20 dollars from the attendant. Okay, now I am shocked by this report, I mean why a potato? Was the guy baked? The police said they would fry him once they ketchup. okay enough puns, lets get to the real issue here, if you take away potatoes from law abiding people, only the criminals will have them. If you were to use a food as a weapon what would it be?
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: The Hangover!
- Phil-Jeremy-Para Ordnance Pro Comp
- Stu — Lil: derringer, high point,
- Alan – Sven – Lavender Ruger SR22 in a Thunderwear crotch holster.
- Jade -Aaron- She is hooker, not a lot of room to carry her guns, North American Arms 22LR revolver because as we found out last week, you can hide those things anywhere
- Mr. Chow – savage1r – http://www.gunspictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gun02_gunspictures.jpg – because he would rock a blinged out revolver.
- Mike Tyson – Shawn: Sawed off M1 Garand.
Gun related link of the week
- savage1r – SAF.org second amendment foundation in WA state
- Lil: http://forum.snipershide.com
- Shawn: Instagram.com/theigmilitia
- SVEN (do you want to build a snowman): Bullpupshoot.com
User feedback and user questions
Johnny B asks:
I’m thinking of trying my hand at becoming an NRA instructor if possible.
I’ve read the NRA page on the matter but It seems just a bit intimidating and unclear, although I think that just be me.
If you’re able and willing to help clear up some of this process I would truly be grateful, and promise not to make fun of your ears on instagram again.
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- Ktgfirearms.com – 20% off discount for classes for We Like Shooting listeners. Just mention us.
- JessPens.com – 10% off – use code WeLikeShooting10
- www.manticorearms.com – free shipping through May 31st – use code WELIKESHOOTING
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.