Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 75 – This week we’ll talk about Faxon Firearms, Kel-Tec, Cmore, Nightforce, Magpul and RIT Dye. Ummm, ok, alright then.
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of –
- A narcoleptic YouTuber with a DIY attitude. – Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com and NRA partner – Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical – Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker – Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact – Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn, your host.
Speak with and introduce guest:
started with the Firearm Blog and is now the Marketing Director of Faxon Firearms, Welcome Nathan Schueth (sheath)
As we discussed, Timothy Knight, who is running for the NRA Board of Directors in 2015, was the founder of the Colorado recalls. The story of the Colorado recalls is amazing. It was a nine month quest that defeated the political agenda of two billionaires, pushed past the constant obstructions by two major political parties, and dealt with eight court challenges. The leaders of the recall movement and the voters delivered a message that resonated so deeply that President Obama’s Chicago political machine and former President Clinton’s robo-calls the night before the election could not save the Senators from recall. Even Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee Chair, said “this is the most important election you’ve never heard of.”
Timothy Knight and others from the recalls have not slowed down. Tim’s “damn the torpedoes, not my 2nd Amendment rights or anyone else’s” attitude has pushed him and others to fight across the country. He stood in front of NRA members in several states to collect signatures just to get on the 2015 NRA ballot. And when the 2014 mid term elections came, Tim travelled to Connecticut and Iowa and back to Colorado (PRESS H) to work with 2nd Amendment allies and the NRA grassroots division to “get out the vote”. When you get your NRA ballot in mid January, please stand with Tim and stand up for your 2nd Amendment rights by voting for him.
To learn more about Tim visit his website: www.knight4nra.com.
Tim joined us for an excellent conversation in Episode 71 – http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/071/
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need! SHOT SHOW RELATED
- savage1r: Kel Tec Sub 2000 v2.0
- aaron Cmore M26 shotgun
- Lil – Nightforce’s new ATACR 5-25×56 FFP Long Range Scope.
- NickLynch – Rit Dye
- Shawn – Magpul – Remington 700 stock, drum mag, AK furniture and mags
- Guest: ARAK-21, ARAK-31, & Backstrap Safety
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
In an effort to ensure its employees stay focused during business hours, Manticore Arms Owner Sven sent a company-wide email Tuesday reiterating that any shooting done at the office must be work-related, sources confirmed. “All personnel wishing to shoot firearms, such as AUG, Tavor, AR, and AK, should use the company range before work or wait until after 5 p.m.,”
Sven, is asking that his workers limit desk pops or stall caps to use only job-oriented parts such as the Curved Buttpad for the Tavor or the ALFA RAIL Keymod Forend for a standard AK.
“Of course, there are some exceptions to these guidelines. For example, if you happen to be shooting at your lunch hour because your work has prevented you from shooting, it’s a gray area, and you might want to clear it with a supervisor before shooting on your smoke break.” Said Sven.
Remember Manticore arms is super efficient so you get what you ordered right away. Order today, and get it in like a week… or less… or more it really depends on you.
Visit them at manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
We want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show!
EVERYONE: Brought to you by carls jr
Lil’s Livefire Lounge: She’s a Pistol armed robbery
- Sad news: “She’s a Pistol” owners Becky and Jon Bieker were robbed at their shop last Friday night. Tragically, Jon lost his life defending his wife and other store employees. Read the whole story here. There were four young men who entered with guns, and Jon was able to wound 2 of them, causing the other two to flee, but not before he was also shot.
- Becky made the following statement on the She’s a Pistol Facebook page: Thank you to my friends, family, and community for their love, prayers, and support during this very difficult time. I have lost my husband in this senseless murder. Although tragic, he saved my life because he carried a firearm. Guns are not evil. I would not be able to make this statement if private citizens such as Jon and I were banned from owning them. Please respect my husband’s memory by refusing to turn this tragedy into a political statement in support of banning firearms.
- This could happen to other friends of ours in the industry, if you’d like to help Becky in the face of this tradgey you can doante to a Go Fund Me account set up by Tarra Stoddard (Editor of “The American Woman Shooter” magazine.)
- Or send gifts directly to the business: She’s A Pistol, 5725 Nieman Road Suite C, Shawnee, KS, 66203.
- Or make a donation at any US Bank for Becky Bieker/She’s a Pistol
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- savage1r – Everytown decides to hold ‘reporter education’ camp: http://dartcenter.org/content/apply-now-southwest-workshop-on-covering-guns-gun-violence#.VLbUW2TF8RT
- Frontline film maker has to pose in front of statues to lie about NRA questions: http://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/2s61uu/good_morning_are_your_eyes_bleeding_yet_no_well/
- Would national CCW stop UBC registration or be a trojan horse? http://townhall.com/tipsheet/townhallmagazine/2015/01/11/winning-the-universal-background-check-war-n1941544
- Shawn – http://www.salon.com/2012/12/30/silencers_the_nras_latest_big_lie/
- Guest – Barrel Manufacturing
In addition to our amazing sponsors, our show is crowdfunded. That means you, our audience, supports the show. It’s so simple Jesse C. can do it! (kind of, he has Roku’s)
In exchange for your hard earned dollars we invest back in the show, upgrading equipment and tons of other things. The best part is you get rewards back. Based on your pledge amount you get things like stickers, patches, even battle boxes full of awesome swag AND you are entered in Patron only giveaways. We’ve given away 2 rifles and a pistol in the last 6 months! When we reach $600 per episode, we’re giving away a suppressor and even giving you money to pay for your tax stamp! and surprise SCCY!!!
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
Website update! New site, new servers. http://welikeshooting.com
Thanks to our guest!
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Visit http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
Thanks to our advertisers, AAG Defense Solutions, DEZ Tactical Arms, Timothy Knight 4 NRA Board and Manticore Arms!
Thanks to our syndication partners:
- Easy Bake Gun Club
- AR-15 Gun Owners of America
- Guns America
Don’t forget to join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Your money helps them fight for our rights.
Don’t forget, the Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line – 1-800-273-8255. I hope you don’t need to call but if you need to, make the call.
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.