Our panel tonight consists of –
- A Do it yourself YouTuber with two green thumbs, he keeps them in a jar next to his fridge- Savage1r
- Our Moral Compass on the road to hell Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, and blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com. – Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine; Current Human-being (maybe) and the proprietor of River’s Edge Tactical – Jeremy Pozderac
- A precision rifle builder by day and bi-night he is. – Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Just returning from hunting a bear with only a knife and a dream, the Machinegun Moses – Aaron Krieger.
- My name is Shawn and I’m still on pacific time. Tonight our guest is
The founder and President of the National African American Gun Association, Philip Smith.
Speak with and introduce guests:
Second Call Defense
Everyone who signs up gets a free We Like Shooting pint glass, just send your email confirmation to email@example.com
Next 5 things to never do
Fall for good cop bad cop. You think you’re too smart to fall for this routine, but you’re not. You’ll be upset and you’ll want to talk, especially to anyone who appears sympathetic. Law enforcement officers are not necessarily your enemy, but they’re not your friend either. Shut up. Talk to your lawyer before you make any statement to police.
Try your case on the spot. Police have more than one way to get you to talk. Aside from good cop bad cop, they might challenge your use of lethal force. You’ll want to argue your case, but don’t. Again, shut up. You’re not a lawyer and you’re not in a courtroom, not yet anyway.
Lecture police on the law or your rights. One of the worst things you can do is get belligerent or act superior. Police are human beings and will react like anyone else if you challenge their authority, belittle their intelligence, or talk down to them. No matter what police say, even if they say or do something you believe to be incorrect, this isn’t the time to get into a debate.
Fail to use the word “sir.” Most police are good, decent people who have a difficult job. Treat them with respect. Phrases such as “yes sir” and “no sir” will go a long way toward showing responding officers that you are the respectable, upstanding citizen you know yourself to be.
Be surprised if you’re treated like a criminal. It’s best to assume that you will be handcuffed, placed prone on the ground, locked in the back of a cruiser, or even jailed. It takes time to sort out the truth of any shooting, and police are likely to do any or all of these things. Don’t take it personally. Don’t resist or argue. Cooperate fully and just let it all happen. Of course, if you’re a member of Second Call Defense, you’ll have immediate help to sort things out. But even if you’re not, take it all in stride.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. http://welikeshooting.com/scd
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
At our staff meeting this morning someone asked the boss “we haven’t had a sale in a while on the web store, should we do one soon?” and the boss replied “Sure, why not”
He apparently is in a good mood, and so coupon code SUREWHYNOT will get 30% off anything in stock on the webstore for the next week!
Maybe he wasn’t paying attention (he seemed particularly interested in the jelly filled donuts) but the coupon code is active right now so get what you want before he realizes what happened! 😉
Choose USPS Priority shipping (not flat rate) then enter coupon code on next screen and click “apply” and you are good to go!
Only good on in stock items, no rain checks, not good on previous orders, etc, etc.
Use code WLS30 for $30 off the Transformer rail!
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- savage1r: X-15 Skeletonized 50 round drum
- Aaron – http://www.savoyleather.com/sav-wah-some-sauce/
- Shawn – AR500 Body Armor
- Nick – update: primary arms 4-14×44 FFP
- Lil – Pulsar digisight LRF850
Going Ballistic with Savage1r (News/Politics/Etc.)
- Breaking news: Bill to legalize suppressors submitted.
- Gallup polls show interesting results on conceal carry and background checks.
- Hillary didn’t actually mean ‘confiscation’ when she argued for confiscation.
- Bloomberg is astroturfing moms demand action in Maine for UBC’s
DEZ promo is below and SDI promo
User feedback and user questions
|Subject||Range Safety Briefing|
|Message||Hey out of all your instructors on the show could you guys have a brief discussion on your individual RSO Range Safety Briefings? I feel like mine is ok but I always am looking to improve.
Thanks and tell Aaron He’s still a doughnut Hog…
|User-Agent (Browser/OS)||Google Chrome 46.0.2490.71 / Windows|
You guys rock!!!
by J420L on Oct 18, 2015
Thanks for a great show!!! ð(ÒÂ·_Â·)<,ï¸»â¦â¤â Ò ratatatatatat /ï¹”
Fun and Informative!
by Spartans 314 Matt on Oct 15, 2015
2A supporters who don’t take themselves too(at all) seriously. New to the show and am catching up on old episodes. Finding myself laughing all the time, and learning something new as well! Keep it up Mantiwhores!!
This one is for Jeremy.
by Webb, C on Oct 14, 2015
Great podcast. While I was looking at patches on your website. I stumbled into the panel bio’s. I was shocked when I saw Jeremy wasn’t a fat cow. The way he slurs his words during the podcast, I assumed you guys and gal made the “fat and furious” patch after him. The review is a 4-star because of Jeremy’s terrible website. I was expecting high production value, like the show. But then again it is Jeremy. Awesome content, great panel!
We honestly couldn’t do this without the patrons. Our advertisers are amazing but it’s the patrons that keep us growing.
Find out how you can help at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
- Find us on all the social media and our website.
Just a reminder to join a gun related advocacy group and we always give out the Suicide prevention line, that number is 1 (800) 273-8255
We’re here live every week on Wednesday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
Everyone say shoot straight –
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at http://welikeshooting.com/show
If you’d like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting
Please support our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Also check out our syndication partners ModernArms.net, GunsSaveLives.net, AR-15 Gun Owners of America, Guns America, warrior talk radio, Iron Mike Magazine
- Guns, Gear & Gadget Reviews – welikeshooting.com
- iTunes – leave us feedback on iTunes,
- Show Website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook – http://facebook.com/welikeshooting
- We Like Shooting on Twitter -http://twitter.com/welikeshooting
- We Like Shooting on Google+ – https://plus.google.com/u/1/105379585192899015513/posts
- We Like Shooting on Instagram – http://instagram.com/we_like_shooting
- We Like Shooting on YouTube – http://youtube.com/welikeshootingvideos
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/welikeshooting/
- Lil – http://heelsandhandguns.com
- Savage – http://youtube.com/savage1r
- Jeremy – http://riversedgetactical.net
- Rhody – https://www.youtube.com/RhodeIslandArmory